Basement Beauty Renovation
The vision for this under realized cottage basement was to create a space that would accommodate lazy rainy movie days, family and friends for drinks and games and a multi discipline workout area.
The workout area was to organized and clutter free. The games, meal and conversation area was to be large and well lit with rustic natural elements. The entrance was to be free of the dozens of pairs of footwear.
Oh, and the space had to accommodate the lifelong dream of a brick accent wall reminiscent of old textile and manufacturing factories.
We accomplished it all with some unique customs elements and won an award for yet another one of our renovations!
What we did
- Designed and constructed a new set of stairs that saved space and created more headroom
- Designed and installed a new stair railing system
- Leveled the concrete floor that had variations of over 6 inches!!
- Installed hand scraped engineered wide plank flooring
- Designed and constructed cabinetry clad in authentic wire brushed, barn board with a light white wash
- Designed and constructed shoe and boot cubby shelving to match cabinetry
- Installed natural soapstone counter tops
- Created brick accent wall with brick veneer
- Clad posts at counter with the brick to tie in the feature
- Installed new pot lighting
- Painted all walls
- Installed smart thermostat
- Installed humidity control system
- Custom barn board cabinetry
- Oiled soapstone countertops
- Chicago Westside brick veneer accent wall and columns
- Handmade engineered oak flooring
- Custom staircase
- Custom railing system