The Buckhorn Bunkie
The Buckhom Bunkie – With a brand new cottage now on the property it was time to get rid of the original cottage/bunkie that was serving primarily as a warm place for winter mice and create something new!
The vision was a two bedroom bunkie that would serve to accommodate teenagers and friends when the family was up at the cottage.
It was to have two bedrooms, a sitting area, its own deck and be situated to take advantage of the great view of the waterfront.
How did it turn out? Apparently it has caused much family debate as to who gets to stay out there rather than the main cottage – the parents or the kids!
What We Did:
- Created a design to accommodate the vision
- Created a site plan to situate the building properly
- Secured all permits
- Demolished the existing structure
- Coordinated all trades and inspections
- Constructed the bunkie
- Installed new EnergyStar rated windows and doors
- Installed exterior siding to match existing cottage
- Fully insulated the structure
- Installed pre-finished pine ceilings
- Installed an exterior siding on the interior for a more cottage/beach feel
- Installed faux flagstone vinyl floor for durability
- Designed and constructed custom barn doors from actual barn board
- Installed a propane fireplace
- Installed electrical
- Constructed exterior deck with railing
- Vaulted ceiling to feel bigger and facilitate are movement
- Custom designed barn board barn doors
- Great room
- Double doors with sidelights for view of water
- Interior wood siding to create a true cottage/beach house feel