The Staycation, Peterborough, ON
This split level home contained 3 bedrooms and a bathroom on the upper level that just did not work for the owners as they looked to create their own unique space away from the rest of the home.
The vision was a master bedroom and ensuite space that this couple could retreat to and feel like they were away on vacation!
The palette was to be a mix of warm organic tones and textures mixed with bright crisp colours reminiscent of warm beaches and blue/green waters.
Here is the result!
Check out the review on houzz.com!
What we did:
- Designed the space to cater to the vision and lifestyle
- Created permit and construction ready drawings
- Secured permits and coordinated inspections
- Contracted all trades
- Removed the partition wall between two bedrooms to create a master bedroom
- Removed closets to create more floor space
- Created an opening from the master to the bathroom
- Closed in existing doors and created single entrance to the master
- Rerouted plumbing to accommodate new fixtures
- Added wiring and switches for lighting including pot lights and timed exhaust fan
- Installed heated floor system in ensuite
- Installed drywall and painted
- Installed floor tile
- Created and tiled custom shower complete with niche an frameless glass
- Installed natural slate on accent wall in bathroom to surround the tub
- Installed large freestanding tub
- Installed vanity and but in cabinets
- Located toilet to tuck in beside shower
- Installed pocket doors to bathroom
- Installed barn door system for bedroom entrance
- Laid hardwood floor in master bedroom, second bedroom and hallway
- Trimmed out windows and doors
- Large freestanding soaker tub with floor mounted filler
- Natural slate accent wall
- Custom shower with slate tiles
- Heated bathroom floor
- Dimmable pot lights
- Timed exhaust fan
- Built in cabinets
- Pocket doors
- Barn door